27 October 2010

In Brooklyn Mall

Yesterday I went to the bank to send some money to someone overseas. My own branch couldn't do it, so they sent me to another branch and when I was leaving to come home the road had been altered so I could only turn in the opposite direction and I drifted up to Brooklyn Mall, and thought I'd go to the bookshop and see if Michael Cardo's new biography of Peter Brown was out.

When I got to the mall the floors were covered with cardboard boxes of Christmas decorations -- plastic pine needles and tinsel etc, which they were putting up. I got to the bookshop, and the Peter Brown biography was there, but in the end I didn't buy it. The Christmas decorations put me off. They made me think that perhaps someone will buy it for me as a Christmas prezzie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails