18 December 2005

Little Gidding : Monasticism Anyone?

In my other blog I posted an item about the first steps to estalishing an Orthodox monastery in Southern Africa. Then i came across this.

Little Gidding : Monasticism Anyone?

It seems that there is a lot of interest in monasticism nowadays. One of te best brief introductions I've found on the web, however, is Orthodox monasticism. But that doesn't answer the questions about Protestant monasticism.

I'm familiar with a number of Anglican religious orders -- the Community of the Resurrection, the Community of the Holy Name, and a few others, and I'm interested in finding our more about one in Zimbabwe, the Community of the Holy Fire.

And then there's Orthodox Monk: Vows of the Tonsure to the Great Schema

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails