17 March 2011

I'm an Aristotelean and didn't know it

My Philosophy Guru | Mark Vernon:

Your recommended philosophy-guru is ARISTOTLE.

Key fact: The star pupil of Plato.

Must have: A desire to study the world and see what it reveals.

Key promise: The good life, which comes from living a virtuous life.

Key peril: The virtuous life can be tough.

Most likely to say: 'Everything has its proper place.'

Least likely to say: 'Science is where humanity went wrong.'"

Hat-tip to The Stroppy Rabbit: Zeno of Citium

Find out who your ancient Greek guru is.

5 comments:

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Like the Stroppy Rabbit, I appear to be closest to a Stoic.
Bizarre, especially since I really think we'd have all been in a better place without the Greek civilisations.
Saving your presence, of course. :)

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Anonymous said...

I got stoic too. I can buy it, except for the turning my back on passion part. I'm all about passion.

The Singular Observer said...

Epicurus. I'll drink to that!

CherryPie said...

I too got Aristotle

Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

I ended up an Epicurean, much to my surprise.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails