01 December 2008

Blogging persona

Hat-tip to Mahud for the link to the Typealyzer site that analyses the writing on a blog and links it to the Myers-Briggs personality types.

For this blog

The analysis indicates that the author of http://methodius.blogspot.com is of the type:

ISTP - The Mechanics

The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.

----

And it gives the same analysis of my LiveJournal.

It's still in Beta, and I don't know what criteria it uses for analysing the writing, but every time I've done such tests, the result has come out as INTP -- actually just tipping the scales from INFP. So perhaps I'm writing this blog and my LiveJournal with a persona different from my usual self.

Analysis

This show what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing.


But according to Typealyzer my Khanya blog is written by my true personality, and not a persona. Perhaps that's why it seems to be more popular with readers than this one:

The analysis indicates that the author of http://khanya.wordpress.com is of the type:

INTP - The Thinkers

The logical and analytical type. They are especialy attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.

-----

Of course for many people the Myers-Briggs personality types are no more accurate than the Zodiac ones of Scoprio, Libra, Aquarius etc. So you can take it with a pinch of salt, or a whole lorry-load of salt if you prefer.

Analysis

This show what parts of the brain that were dominant during writing.



Check with Typealyzer to see what your blog is like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is off topic (feel free to delete it), but I read an article today that I thought might interest you. It's here.

Breanne said...

Hi there! I came across this post through my Google Alerts for the word "MBTI." This may or may not be of interest to you, but I write a blog about the MBTI and wrote a post about how Typealyzer is basically junk. I know lots of people are checking it out for entertainment sake- and that's totally cool...but I hope you don't confuse those "blog type" results for your own personality type. Anyway, I won't go into why the site is junk here, I just wanted to let you know if you wanted to learn more, here's the original post: http://www.thembtiblog.com/2008/11/websites-that-ruin-my-day.html.

I also have a discussion in the comments section with the creator of the Typealyzer site.

Andii said...

Breanne, yes it is a bit of fun. I was more surprised it got three out of four on one of my blogs. But then, there's probably an interesting statistical analysis to be done on probability with only 16 terms...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails