In spite of this, a search of Blogger profiles reveals only 14 who list the Inklings as one of their interests, and most of them don't have blogs, or their blogs are dead. A similar search at BlogCatalog revealed a similar result.
I've started an Inklings group at BlogCatalog, in the hope that it may be possible to bring at least some Inklings bloggers together, and make it easier to find blogs that deal with the Inklings.
As is the way of such things, the first two people who applied to join had no discernible interest in the Inklings -- that seems to be typical of the Internet nowadays, where people you've never heard of announce that they are listing you as their "friend" and thereafter you never hear from them again. All that does is clutter up the net with useless links.
I hope to make this group a little more selective. To join, you don't need to blog about the Inklings in every single post, but a search of your blog should teveal at least some posts about the Inklings.
If you don't have a blog and don't want to have one, there is also an Inklings discussion forum on the net that you can join. There you can also, in the fashion of the Inklings, upload your own writing for others to read and discuss.
Here's a list of the members of the Inklings:
- Barfield, Owen 1898-1997
- Bennett, Jack Arthur Walter 1911-1981
- Coghill, Nevill Henry Kendal Aylmer 1899-1980
- Dundas-Grant, James Harold 1896-1985
- Dyson, Henry Victor Dyson 1896-1975
- Fox, Adam 1883-1977
- Hardie, Colin Graham 1906-1998
- Havard, Robert Emlyn 1901-1985
- Lewis, Clive Staples 1898-1963
- Lewis, Warren Hamilton 1895-1973
- Mathew, Anthony 1905-1976
- McCallum, Ronald Buchanan 1898-1973
- Stevens, Courtenay Edwards 1905-1976
- Tolkien, Christopher 1924-
- Tolkien, John Ronald Reuel 1892-1973
- Wain, John Barrington 1925-1994
- Williams, Charles Walter Stansby 1886-1945
- Wrenn, Charles Lesley 1895-1969
So if you sometimes write blog posts about any of them, or about their writings, please consider joining the Inklings Group.
Here are a few blogs that post stuff about the Inklings, which I hope will join this group: