05 March 2006

Western Orthodoxy: Continuing Anglican Bishop Converts to Western Rite Orthodoxy

While I'm not too keen on "Western Rite" Orthodoxy (which Western Rite do they use?) I nevertheless found this quite interesting.

Western Orthodoxy: Continuing Anglican Bishop Converts to Western Rite Orthodoxy

When I was leaving the Anglican Church (over 20 years ago now), I was visited by a continuing Anglican, Louis Traycik, who put me in touch with his bishop, Anthony Clavier, and sent me the paper he edited, and I got quite a lot of literature. Anthony Clavier seemed to be one of the saner continuing Anglican bishops. My impression that most of them were very clear about what they were against, but they were very vague about what they were for. They disliked trends in ECUSA, and united to oppose them, but once they had split off, they squabbled among themselves and could hardly agree on anything.

Orthodoxy had problems, and big ones, but there was something in Orthodoxy that was bigger than all the problems. So a move in the right direction, I think.

1 comment:

Jean-Michel said...

well, if it's inside the W-Rite Deanery of Antioch, then I assume it must be Saint-Tikhon's Rite.
We use Sarum, some use Gregorian. All approved (Holy Synod of 1870 & 1907).

for your blog I just discovered :
ad multos annos !

Jean-Michel
http://www.orthodoxe.be

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails