02 December 2005

Strangest dream

On Sky News this morning I saw in interesting feature that gave me hope for this violent world. It showed an Israeli rabbi, Arik Ascherman, organising Israeli Jews to help Palestinians in the West Bank with their olive harvest, and so trying to bring peace and reconciliation in a violent society.

I thought it worth blogging, by when I went to the Sky News web site, there was nothing to be found. It seemed to have been expunged from the record, as if the whole thing as a dream. Perhaps I was dreaming when I thought I saw it.

Last night I had the strangest dream
I never had before
I dreamed the world had all agreed
to put an end to war.

I did a web search, and the nearest thing I could find was the following, but no sign of todays story on Sky News.

http://www.afsc.org/israel-palestine/learn/nonviolence-and-the-olive-harvest.htm

When the Lord turned again the captivity of Zion
then were we like unto them that dream
Then was our mouth filled with laughter
and our tonge with joy.

Perhaps it was a dream after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a dream.

One by Ed McCurdy who wrote the song.

One we all dream will come true one day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails