15 August 2006

Be sceptical. Be very, very sceptical

Well, I was somewhat sceptical about all the police hype of "mass murder on an unimaginable scale", with the arres of people said to be plotting to blow up passenger aircraft. I don't find it hard to believe that people might be doing such a thing, but when the police start using journalistic hype, I suspect spin.

But when British foreign policy fundis like Craig Murray warn us to be sceptical, I'm even more on my guard.

I found this in a newgroup, and the guy who posted it wrote:
Mr. Craig Murray is the former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan. He was dismissed from his job after he exposed the fact that there were no actual Islamic terrorists in Uzbekistan. His investigations showed that the alleged terrorists were merely innocent local Muslim people who were being systematically tortured into signing false confessions. These confessions were then gleefully received by the US and the UK despite the fact they knew them to be false. For these and other favours from the Uzbek dictatorship
the US paid a lot of money and supported this tyrannical regime.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails